Thursday, January 23, 2014

Going Down with the Ship



Captain Cubby, en route to Sandy Island to see his friend Turtle. (That's what he told me.)


With First Mate Charlie at the stern.


Mayday! Mayday, Mommy! Danger ahead!


And the predictable fate of the once-proud vessel (and its crew).

P.S. I made some joke at this point about how the laundry basket must have been the Edmund Fitzgerald. Captain Cubby informed me quite seriously that it was not, because it didn't have a hole in it (photographic evidence of said laundry basket/boat does show MANY holes, in fact, but we'll let it slide). And then he told me the tragedy was the result of the boat running out of its fuel: dill powder. 

 I guess anything is fair game for eco-friendly fuel these days.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

That. Is. Totally. Adorable.

Anonymous said...

I can see Charlie dumping Cubby some day--he just needs to get a little more confidence.