Friday, January 17, 2014

Little Lambs

Let's start with my own pathetic little lamb, Charlie, who looked more like the sacrificial lamb after falling off the arm of a chair and face-planting directly on the wood floor. He bit through his chin. Or right below his lip. Whatever that spot is called.

At least, I think he did. There are definitely teeth marks on the outside of his face, and there was a whole hell of a lot of blood pooling inside his mouth, so I can only surmise that particular injury is a result of the teeth going through.

I don't know. It was gross and bloody and what with his habit of sucking on his fingers when he's upset, there was a lot of smearing around of drool and mucous and blood on his face by the time the fireworks were done.

I read once on someone else's blog who has three boys--and thus has a lot of experience with bloody boo boos--that unless you can see light through the wound (OH GOD GROSS), no stitches are given for this kind of thing. A quick Internet search while holding the bloody baby on my lap confirmed that only "gaping" wounds (STOPIT) of this sort are deemed stitch-worthy.

I never, ever want to see that kind of wound.

Moving on.

Lookit what I got a picture of!


LAAAAMB! You can kind of see it, right?

The reason I don't have a better picture is because that sheep ass to the right there belongs to the ram. Charlie and Cubby were with me at the time, and Charlie was determined to charge straight for that lamb. And the ram. So I had to take the picture quickly and then vacate the pasture, because charging at a ram will get you a lot more than a fat lip.

Kid's got a death wish. Or is just a year and a half old. Yeah. That.

3 comments:

Karen B. @ Making Shift said...

My son was just like that at that age. He busted his chin open OVER and OVER again. I hope your little one heals up fast- mouths heal faster than any other body part.

tu mere said...

I was wondering what Cubby's reaction was to the accident and all that followed. Really glad it wasn't A. that had to deal with the aftermath!

Pool little Charlie. Yep, we all know how much mouth wounds bleed. I can just picture those two little fingers in his mouth with mommy feeling even worse. Obviously he's not going to be as cautions as Cubby. Lucky you.



Anonymous said...

Stitches usually pull through the tender mouth tissue. Just put a small spoonful of plain white sugar in the mouth. It stops bleeding in mucous membranes very quickly and doesn't hurt.

Nurse Kate