Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Survivors

This past Thanksgiving when the MiL was in the midst of a big dining room cleaning, she decided to wash all the silver on the sideboard. It's a coffee service, with many little pots, some of which have lids. Inside these were my camera cord and the USB drive on which I had stored all my photos.

The MiL didn't know those things were in there when she submerged the silver in water.

I just now found the USB drive again (it had been brought upstairs along with a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff that was in a bag in our bedroom) and plugged it into my computer without much hope that any of the photos had survived their little swim.

They did. All of them. That's pretty impressive.

So now I have the fun of going through all the old photos on the USB drive and finding ones like this:


This is Cubby when he was just a couple of months younger than . . .


This stylish little dude is now.

They don't look much alike, but they do share a love of accessorizing.

3 comments:

tu mere said...

May be it's just the shot angle, but Cubby comes across as round faced, with Charlie lean and tall. Guess that's about right. Love the butterfly. You can bet, if you believe in a heaven, which I do by the way (but you already knew that), that Duchess is looking down really pleased with the choice.

Anonymous said...

Charlie does look tall and thin. In fact, I would say that Cubby looks like his father at that age, and Charlie looks like his uncle. Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

It is eonderful you have the photos to compare. Beth