Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Battle I Lost . . . for Now

Mary very cleverly noticed in the Easter pictures that Cubby's mane also surrendered to the maniacal Barber of Blackrock, leaving me with three buzz-cut males in my house.

Yes, A. too. Why do you think Cubby wanted his hair shaved off?

I must admit that I was kind of upset with the result. I just really, really don't like buzz cuts. And I particularly don't like seeing Cubby lose all his nice, thick hair to one. But he asked, so he got it.

At first he said he liked it, but then came the first time he was tired and upset and he tried his more or less from-birth method of self-calming: twirling his hair with his fingers.

Oops.

That's when he told me he didn't like having short hair. Okay! No problem, Cubby! It will grow out and we will NEVER CUT IT ALL OFF AGAIN, AMEN.

I just have to hide A.'s clippers.

2 comments:

Karen Sue said...

I have 3 boys who clipper their hair and I like it with the long guard on, but they often clip each other with the shorter guards and then smile smugly at me. I like their hair! It has saved me quite a bit of money over the years...but not so short, please!

tu mere said...

Wow. I didn't really notice until you pointed it out. I totally agree that both boys look better with their longer locks. Hope Charlie's scalp problems will be permanently solved with just one shaving.