Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Little Picture(s)

You know those "Day in the Life" kind of posts where people break down their entire day by time and describe what they did? I love those posts. I even did one once. But it occurs to me that those are so big picture that they miss a lot of the minutia.

What, for instance, did ten minutes of my day after dinner last night look like? So glad you asked!

We begin in the living room. It's the children's last opportunity to trash the joint before bedtime pick-up. They make the most of the chance.


Cubby also took the opportunity to ham it up for the camera, as always.

Charlie managed to extract an apple from the large bag on the floor in the parlor and proceeded to eat it all, despite just eating dinner. He likes to clutch an apple during his wanderings. This wandering took us all into the dining room, where Charlie ended up in rapt contemplation of the Nature Conservancy magazine while Cubby roared at his head.


I think Cubby was playing some game involving dragons. Or maybe it was bears. Or maybe he just felt like roaring. Anything's possible.

My children are in constant motion. This is why so many of the photos I take of them are blurry.


Blurry boy with apple.

A. was outside during all this excitement. He was scrounging up enough wood to keep the fire going for the night and this morning.


Sweatpants are not approved lumberjack apparel, but then, I don't think lumberjacks use circular saws either.

Charlie wanted to come out, but I denied the greatest desire of his heart, as I so often do.


Sad boy with apple. But not blurry!

Otty wanted to come in, but I denied her, too.


This is the face of a dog who expects there to be many delicious morsels available on the floor under the dinner table.

When I got back inside, I found that Cubby had used his magnetic play set and this roller thing from an unknown piece of furniture to make . . .


"I have a surprise for you, Mommy! Close your eyes! ONETWOTHREEFOUR . . . it's a roller!"

It did indeed look just like a roller of the sort that is used to smooth out ground during road construction. I duly praised his cleverness. Then I realized Charlie had soiled himself and needed to be changed.

I decided to stop taking pictures at that point. You're welcome.

3 comments:

tu mere said...

So happy to see that everyone, you and A. included, are healthy again. A snapshot in time to prove there's never a dull moment in your home. Pictures much appreciated!

mil said...

Otty's ears coming out of Charlie's head are special!

Sherry said...

LOL! I have so enjoyed following your boys and your blog. Those boys are growing so fast.