Saturday, August 2, 2014

This Should Probably Embarrass Me

The next village over from us boasts a small supermarket. Very small--kind of like a miniature supermarket. I go there a lot because it's much easier to drive ten minutes and deal with their limited selection than drive the extra fifteen minutes into the Small City to go to a regulation-sized supermarket. This small market has most of what I need, anyway, and they have a surprisingly good meat department.

They also have a whole refrigerated room devoted solely to beer.

That probably tells you a lot about the demographic served by this market. And the fact that this beer room is one of my sons' favorite places ever probably tells you a lot about my kids.

The way the beer room is laid out is with shelves around the perimeter and boxes in an island in the center. So there's an aisle that runs around the circumference of the room. The room is about 10 feet by 24 feet, which makes it a perfect refrigerated running track for children. Formed by beer.

My kids will not go to that store without going into the beer room. And then they literally run laps, with Charlie shrieking "BEE-AH!" the entire time, beside himself with joy.

As I said, it should probably embarrass me, but I must admit I find the whole thing so amusing that I don't try to rein them in at all. Unless there's another person who wants to come in, of course, but so far that hasn't happened.

Good thing. I'd hate to deprive them of their exercise routine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, Bee-Ha means what? Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

Never mind, I just figured it out! Mary

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome. Your children are just reveling in the AC - not the alcohol.

-moi