Thursday, September 18, 2014

Definitely Worthy of a Frame

My parents wanted to get a picture of the whole family while they were here. So one day when we had all gone to the dinosaur museum and thus were dressed in somewhat respectable public-worthy clothing, they attempted a full-family photo.

This is what my dad sent me:


The Family Blackrock goes to town.

So. One kid trying to escape, one kid making a gross face, one very pregnant-looking mother*, and one perplexed-looking father. Yup. That's about right.

Immediately after this picture was taken, I asked my parents if they wanted to get a picture with the kids. They did, but then Cubby jumped down from that rock and somehow managed to ram his head right into the corner of that sign in the background, resulting in much wailing and tears. We elected not to take a photo at that point. Although it might have rivaled this one for memory-capturing.

* My powers of self-deception must be greater than I thought, because I really didn't think I look this pregnant. Or this tired. But the camera, I've heard, doesn't lie, so there you are. Pregnant and tired. My life's truth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better a "candid" shot than a very posed picture, I think! Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's representative. And realistic. And a true memory. So nothing wrong with it!
Totally worth framing.

-moi

Anonymous said...

It looks to me like a very fine family. What could be better?

FinnyKnits said...

You look great! Girl - you even managed a cute outfit with all that else going on there.

I'm impressed.

flask said...

you were at the dinosaur museum?

i am going there next week!!