Friday, September 29, 2017

I'm Sure This Isn't Even a Little Over the Top


Last night I was sitting around in the lull between dinner and bedtime, mentally reviewing the time and what came next in the children's inexorable easing into bed, when I realized that nobody knows their schedule like I do.

I mean, obviously. Since I created their schedule and all.

What I mean is, sometime in the next couple of weeks, either A., the MiL, or my mother will be pinch hitting for me with the three maniacs while I deal with a newborn. And it might be helpful for them to know things like when the school bus comes or when the kids start picking up for bed.

So I created the following not-at-all-crazy daily schedule cheat sheet for them:


A day in the life of a (possibly over-) regimented mom.

A. came upon me writing this schedule and immediately asked if he needed to take me to the hospital. Nope, just need to be prepared. 

It's entirely possibly none of the three caregivers will even look at this, but it made me feel better to write it anyway. And making the pregnant lady feel better is always the goal, right? Right.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This reminds me of when my daughter was a baby and my mother-in-law would watch her while my husband and I went out for a few hours. I had a list of what to do and not do and my mother-in-law got a kick out of it saying that she did raise three kids plus babysat numerous grandkids. But like you, even though I knew this, it made me feel better to know that I had given her "the list." So whatever brings you comfort and peace of mind. :)

tu mere said...

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I pretty much knew most of it--but having the schedule is great, as I believe I thought the bus drop off was a bit later Of course, Thomas could pretty much tell anyone exactly how things are supposed to be done. Hearing Charlie's version would be extremely entertaining, though--

MIL

Phoo-D said...

Me. B had a terrible fall off a ladder this summer (he's ok but it's been a long haul). To make everything work when school started I printed out a by the minute schedule of morning and evenings. It is taped on the back of Anna's door and keeps her moving and doing what she's supposed to. It was so helpful for all of us to have it written down and know what should be happening next. I imagine it will be just as helpful for your house once the baby girl arrives!

Anonymous said...

I would be glad for a list of who what when where how and why. Thank you for those of us who know naught.

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

First, that's a pretty minimal list. If I were taking over those duties I'd want at least that much.

Second ... somebody's nesting!