Friday, January 19, 2018

Serendipity


If I can get Poppy to sleep just as Jack goes down for his nap on a day when there's leftover soup* in the refrigerator and I have a good book to read?


Welcome to my happy place.

Incidentally, I'm about 200 pages in to that book, and I recommend it. There's a lot of information in it, and a lot to think about, but it's not particularly challenging to actually read. This makes it perfect to combat the motherhood brain atrophy that comes with a new baby. It's a thing, as you may remember.

Happy Friday, my lovelies. I hope you get to visit your happy place, too.

* Made, pleasingly, in part with some of the radish greens I diligently blanched and froze in the summer. So satisfying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is on your plate? The soup looks yummy.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

It's sharp cheddar cheese. The best accompaniment to soup.

tu mere said...

Thanks. I was trying to find something to read that wasn't a mystery. Hope our library has a copy. How wonderful to have a few minutes to yourself.