Sunday, July 1, 2018

Some Relief


Man, yesterday was a challenge. After the last-minute rush of getting A. and Cubby on the road by 9 a.m., the MiL and I took the remaining kids with us to the dump and then to the farmers market.

I was so exhausted from the previous two days of moving and not sleeping that I kept just dozing at random times throughout the day in whatever chair I was sitting in at the time. Also, yesterday was the first day of hot weather, and I sweated all damn day, often with one or more children on my body who were also sweating.

But!

I turned on the upstairs air conditioner in the afternoon and took a shower after I (fiiiinally) got the children to bed. Poppy was up a few times last night, but because I was able to get to bed before 11 p.m.--unlike the previous two nights--and stay in bed until 6 a.m., I actually got some sleep.

The MiL took Charlie and Jack to church with her this morning. Poppy fell asleep about half an hour after they left. I made some yogurt, hung up my laundry on the clothesline, and am now sitting in the air conditioned parlor eating a stir fry I made entirely of leftovers I found in the fridge (pork, garlic scapes, broccoli, rice, and the sauce from the pork).

I am cool. I am clean. I am somewhat rested. I am eating an uninterrupted and delicious meal. And it is quiet.

A balm for the soul. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, "a balm for the soul." Love that!
Linda