Thursday, September 27, 2018

Real Estate and the Unwell


Yesterday, A., Poppy, Cubby, and I drove two hours to a title company in a (very small) city to close on a house.

A. was the only one who didn't have the current nasty cold that's sweeping the boys' school. That's why Cubby was with us instead of at school. It worked out, though, as he perked up enough to help watch Poppy for me during the hour it took us to actually get everything signed and done.

As a reward, we got him a double cheeseburger at Sonic. He ate the whole thing, and then collapsed for the two-hour drive back home.

I collapsed when we got home, which is why you're getting this brief and not particularly interesting post instead of my usual clever wit.

Ahem.

So. Just signing in today to let you know we bought a house ten miles up the road from our current rental. I'm sure I'll post pictures at some point, but currently all I want to do is hide in my bed.

Wit and pictures later. For now, tissues.

Over and out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I hope it's a dream house, and you and family will have dozens and dozens and dozens of happy days/hours in the house.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Many happy years to you & your family in your new home. Can't wait to see pictures!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Wait! Charlie had to go to school with the germs all around? Congratulations on the house! Mary in MN

Zoe said...

Congratulations on the house! and commiserations on all the sickness. Hope you will all be much recovered before moving day (again)

Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better soon! Congrats on your new house - can't wait to see the pics! J xx