Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Man of Inaction


This morning there was an apple core in my shower. I didn't find this as strange as you might think, given the fact that I have a crawling baby who delights in absconding to the shower stall and also enjoys gnawing on apples. So I was pretty sure how it got in there.

What I did find a little perplexing was the fact that A. had taken a shower in there right before me. Did he not see it? (This sounds impossible, but I have learned that nothing is impossible when it comes to items in plain sight that have been completely overlooked by my husband or children.) Or did he see it and just not take it out of the shower?

So when I got out of the shower, I asked him, "Did you not see the apple core in the shower? Or did you see it and just leave it in there?"

"I saw it," he said. "But I was so sleepy that I sort of forgot about it immediately and failed to take action."

That's all. I just thought the whole thing was really funny.


4 comments:

Gemma's person said...

That's funny all around. Poppy and A.

tu mere said...

Guess you're not the only adult walking around in a fog from lack of sleep. Maybe a stronger coffee is needed as sleep is apparently an illusive commodity in your house, except for the boys and Poppy that is. So, is the apple core going to stay in the shower, just for fun?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

I threw it away. Though it would have been an interesting experiment to leave it, not mention it, and see how long it stayed there.

Anonymous said...

I am going to visualise the baby crawling in the shower and sitting there eating an apple when I am having a grim time at work tomorrow and it will make me chuckle. Bless her, I imagine she is quite the character. Both males of my household are likely to show and not see / remove the core. I have accepted this time of thing over time haha! J xx