Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas in Captions


I'm too tired to write out a whole post--making Christmas memories is exhausting--but I took lots of pictures. Here they are.


Cubby got up an hour and a half before anyone else, so I put him to work helping me start dinner preparations. Merry Christmas!


When Charlie finally got up, he and Cubby spent some time on their beloved heating vents while they were waiting for . . .


These two to appear for stocking exploration.


In which there were nuts. And a very exciting package of peanut butter crackers for Poppy.


She loved her little piano/xylophone, too. And the boys were appropriately impressed that I managed to pick out "Jingle Bells" on it. Just call me Beethoven.


This little spinning ducky toy unfortunately became a prime target for the Transformer toys the boys got. Apparently, it's easy to mistake a singing duck for a Decepticon.


Eventually I kicked the boys out on to the enclosed porch to crack nuts in their pajamas.


And the silly socks my dad sent them.


The boys got lariats from their other grandfather and practiced with them quite a bit on this post A. set up for them.


And inevitably, on A. himself.


Such a fun dad.

I've apparently reached the limit of photos I can upload to one post, so I'll stop here. I have to do a whole separate post for Christmas dinner, anyway. It was a weird one. So stay tuned for that.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like the weather was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Great fun to be had by all!
Linda

Gemma's person said...

Cubby and all his memories with just mom. Bicycling to the honey store and now more cooking. You guys are raising a good bunch of kids there.
Merry Christmas !