Thursday, December 27, 2018

Thirty-Nine Years and Counting


Happy birthday to me! Anyone else out there have to actually do the math to figure out how old they're turning? I was born in 1979 (on a cold and foggy night . . .), so that means this is my 39th birthday. And what do I have to show for these 39 years?


A lot of children and a really messy house. The one begets the other.

New Mexico has decided to morph from southern Arizona weather to upstate New York weather, so it's currently 26 degrees with a couple of inches of snow on the ground. A. has to do some serious wood cutting today to get ready for the single-digit temperatures coming our way. He did get up this morning to field the morning demands (and refereeing) from the children while I lazed in bed until the shocking hour of 6:40 a.m.*

I'm drinking my second cup of coffee while Charlie reads a book to Poppy--might as well take advantage of having both literate children and a baby who wants to read board books all the time--and will shortly go into the kitchen to make my breakfast. Which I will not be sharing.

If you can't be selfish on your birthday, when can you? (Answer: Never, if you have children. Including birthdays.)

Anyway. Have a pleasant day, my lovelies. Feel free to eat some cake in my honor today if you so desire.

* I usually get up any time between 4:30 and 5:30 a.m., so this is sleeping in for me.

10 comments:

Gemma's person said...

Enjoy your birthday! Happiness to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday! I suggest that you celebrate a birthday WEEK! Mary in MN

kathy said...

Oh happy day.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! The 40s are rife with prime numbers, which fascinate me, so I don't have to calculate my own birthday number. However, any other person or any other decade is likely to be much worse. Ha.

Karen.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Linda

flask said...

yes. i had a birthday this month and i had to google "how old am i?"

hope you had a good one, and many more.

Mimi said...

Happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Daisy said...

My Teacher Self is loving the literate brother reading to the willing (and future literate!) baby. That's how readers are made.
The mom in me recognizes the short but valuable break such literacy activities provide for you. Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristin! Enjoy still being 39! Xx Hope you have had a great Xmas so far - J xx