Sunday, January 20, 2019

When I Know I'm In For It


The baby woke up for the day at 4:45 a.m.. At the same time, the world's most dramatic child staged his Academy-award-winning "I'm dying of a cold" performance. 

A start like this does not bode well for the rest of the day.


Perhaps double spoons for not-eating applesauce will help? Perhaps not.

I made an extra cup of coffee this morning. It seemed like an extra-coffee kind of day.

I am currently drinking that coffee while Poppy takes an early nap, the sick child watches a documentary about guns of Great Britain, and A. is at church with the rest of the crew. So at least I have this moment. 

Always look on the bright side of life.

4 comments:

Gemma's person said...

Sure beats looking on the dark side! Cheers.

Anonymous said...

That early rising baby is sure styling with her flower sweater.
Linda

tu mere said...

Six hours sleep a night is supposed to be the minimum required, so here's hopeing you're getting the minimum most nights.

As for the whole cold thing, since I don't think medical science will ever be able to keep one cold from infecting every member of a family, so staying positive is about all you can do. Keep on keeping on!

Anonymous said...

Ugh 4:45 - what is it about 4 something that is so much worse than say 5:10. I feel for you! Poppy is growing up so fast and I see the changes in every photo - she is so pretty - those eyes! She also has good taste - applesauce is, to coin you ' my alpha and omega.' Sick boy watching semi violently themed TV programme - yes I have been there with an American show with C - forged in fire - do any of your boys watch it? Competitions to forge swords. J xx