Monday, July 29, 2019

Trip Photos--The Beach Life


Okay! Here we are with our second installment of carefully chosen and edited photos from our family trip to New York.

Or rather, the random and totally unedited photos I managed to get that one day I remembered to bring my phone down to the lake.

We went to the beach every single day but one during the 16 days we were at Blackrock. It's not very hard to do when you just have to walk downhill about three hundred yards. Despite some unfavorable weather and water conditions on some days, the children got in the lake every day but one, as well.

I include Poppy in this.


As with every other item of clothing, swimsuits for little girls are way cuter than swimsuits for little boys.


Little boy, big lake.

A.'s brother and his family came from Tucson, so there was lots of cousin time on the beach.


And, of course, Captain Cubby directed many voyages in his custom-built craft.


Poppy preferred being captain of her own small vessel.

There are no photos of A. and me in the water because we avoid it as much as possible. A. might have gone in twice, and while I spent a lot of time standing in shallow water with Poppy holding my hand, I didn't even put on my swimsuit the entire time. I never went in deep enough to get my skorts wet.

I know. We're the worst beach-goers ever. What can I say? I like land.

We'll leave it there with this collection. What will the next collection of photos be? Stay tuned to find out! (Sometime.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cubby is quite the sailor! I supposed you left the boat at Blackrock, to be enjoyed next year? I bet your kids are still talking about your vacation. Looks like it was a wonderful time!
Linda

Gemma's person said...

Ditto what Linda said. Cool.