Monday, April 27, 2020

We Have Chicks!


And I hatched them myself!

Okay, so I didn't actually sit on a clutch of eggs myself until they hatched, but I did manage to successfully use an incubator for the first time ever to hatch chicks.

We have seven. They are very cute. Pictures and story to come when I don't have to spend the day on Zoom school meetings . . .

Until then, you can go read this thing I wrote for Kristen-with-an-"e" about going grocery shopping less frequently. (Of all the things I ever thought I would become an expert on, that was not a thing I had ever considered. Life sure is funny like that.)

3 comments:

mil said...

Good job on the grocery shopping tips! I've been freezer diving and found an inexpressibly old lamb soup bone. It's in the slow cooker with the last of my onions from last year. The Patterson variety surely does last. A great onion. I'm glad that I crazily ordered so many Patterson onion plants this year. The one thing that you might have thought about for the grocery shopping is to make friends with dried beans--

tu mere said...

You're now officially a celebrity, at least when it comes to sharing your expertise. The only exception I would make to your list is taking a young child shopping with you. Maybe just one is the magic number, and a female to boot! Glad to see you're appreciated by those other than your family!

Anonymous said...

I second mil's comment, great grocery shopping tips.
Throughout our married life, I have shopped twice a month, once a month & even though we are in the midst of this pandemic, I'm still shopping once a week. I was just saying to my husband that I think I'll start the every two weeks spree again, starting this week. We'll see. And, I'm shopping for my father, who only likes to plan his meals once a week.
Yay, for the chicks!
Linda