Monday, May 25, 2020

What To Do If You See a Lion


I found this piece of paper randomly on a kitchen chair the other day, written in Cubby's handwriting:


It reads as follows:

"What to do if you see a lion . . . you should run strait at them duck the mouth. Then come back up and bite the neck. Then rip a chunk off. (Repeat until it dies.)"

I have no idea what precipitated this instructional sheet. I can only be thankful we don't have any lions around here, lest my sons decide to put this advice into practice.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He is much braver than I would be. I would be running away from the lion.
Linda

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Linda: That is, of course, what all sane and intelligent persons would do if confronted by a lion. Ten-year-olds, however, are not always either of those things . . .

mil said...

I rather like his use of a parenthesis at the end. I wonder if this is an instruction sheet for a game Thomas was organizing. I hope the ripping chunks out remains hypothetical, if that is the case.

Anonymous said...

Not the type of lion that your kiddo was writing about but I definatly do know what I would do if I saw a lion

I was walking up our road (we live way out in the boonies) and mountain lion came barging out of the tree line about 5 feet away from me

Yeah...I was stupefied to say the least

We both froze immediately and stared dumbfounded (my mental mouth was hanging open as wide as it could go and the cat looked like his was to) at each other for what seemed like a eternity

When my thought process woke up and caught up with me I threw my arms up as high as they would go, stomped my foot and yelled HA at the top of my lungs

Which, according to the cop I reported the incident to was exactly what they say to do

Beautiful animal but a bit to close for comfort...I was lucky