Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday Snapshots: Yes, Yet Another Alliterative Assigned Day

Way back in the day when I started writing here (waaaaay back--almost 13 years now), I used to post every day. I could do that because I didn't have a full-time job or any children yet. Then things happened and I gave up on that.

But I sort of miss it. When I was writing every day, there was more variety in what I was writing about. Right now, it's pretty much food and kids, all the time. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean, that really is the majority of my life.

But there are other things around! Things like dogs.


Jasper in his accustomed guard position by the front door.


And one-eyed Odin, making sure he isn't overlooked.

Sheep, and chickens, and a horse.


All living communally in the small pasture by the house during the winter.

This random house A. took a picture of, I assume because he wants to incorporate some part of its design when he's working on the casita.


Also, the fantastically blue New Mexican sky, which looks NOTHING like a New York sky in November. And thank the heavens for that.

The point is, I'm going to try to be better about documenting some different things--for myself, for family that read this, and for anyone else who wants to come to the party. 

The easiest way to do that is to take pictures. I'm a terrible photographer, and finding my cell phone and using it to photograph things is always an effort for me, so I'm giving myself another self-imposed scheduled deadline. I know the best way to motivate myself is to set up an external expectation. 

Sundays it is, because then I can call it Sunday Snapshots. Wheee!

Are you tired of the alliteration yet? Because I'm not.

Anyway. That's the plan. Sunday vibes now include snapshots. Amen.

8 comments:

Gemma's person said...

Always interesting to see what is going on and the scenery. All is interesting, if we all were ansel adams there wouldn't be an ansel adams. Yes?

mil said...

I don't know if Cubby can transfer his photos to your laptop, but if he can, you could always call for back-up on the photos. I know that some folks here wouldn't mind seeing some of his shots! Anyway, I live for photos of my SW families!

Anonymous said...

Oh, good! Something to look forward to on Sundays! Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

Agree with Mary, something to look forward to on Sunday's. Love the photo's.
Linda

Karen. said...

Do you suppose the big house used to be a school?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Karen.: Actually, yes. Good eye. I wasn't there when A. took it, but after I posted it, he told me it was a school. Now closed.

Joellen said...

I remember when you used to post every day. I had children in school then. I would get them up and in the shower then sit down with my glass of tea and read your blog. By the time you missed about the third day us regular readers started wondering if you were ok by commenting on your last post. I’m just glad you are still blogging.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Joellen: That was really nice of you to share. Thank you for reading for so long.