Sunday, April 18, 2021

Snapshots: The Toy Explosion

These are actually old photos that I took to illustrate my children's astonishing ability to spread their toys all over the house. Literally all over. The day I took these photos was a snow day some time ago when they were home playing all day. I think the only room that didn't have toys on the floor was maaaaybe their bathroom. And I can't swear to that, because there often are bath toys that have fallen on the floor in there.

Anyway. This is why I make them pick up every single night. Because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to walk without stepping on TinkerToys.

Behold, the toy creep.


Starting in the actual Toy Room, we have a . . . fort? Jail? Dunno. Something involving those Star Wars ships, though.


Moving out into the living room, where the TinkerToys have taken over.


Coming into the kitchen, where this malevolently smiley truck waits to be tripped over.


A rather extensive installation right in front of the woodstove.


And into the hallway, where some animals stand guard. Maybe they're readying themselves for an attack from that creepy truck?

There were more in Cubby's room, in my room, and who knows where else, but I think this illustrates the state of the house.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

2 comments:

mil said...

Note from Blackrock: the pre-Easter cleaning turned up Batman, who had resided under the sideboard for who knows how long and through who knows how many cleanings before he was dislodged (note to readers--old heavy Victorian furniture sits low to the floor and is excellent at concealing small items). I usually find a toy somewhere when I clean, despite its being months since any small people were here.

Karen. said...

Oh so familiar.