Sunday, September 12, 2021

Snapshots: It's Adventure Honda!

Yes! You thought there was only Adventure Van who was willing to carry us to our family outings in the middle of nowhere. You were not aware there is also Adventure Honda.


But only because Adventure Van has been stuck at the mechanic for over a month now and I really don't want to talk about that.

And where did Adventure Honda take us?


To a canyon to jump around on a giant rock playground.

Jasper came with us, too, and decided he wanted to ride shotgun on the way home.


I wasn't too keen on having my faithful companion at my feet for the whole drive home, however, so he was evicted to the back again.

I've been helping out a friend by watching her five-year-old daughter two days a week, and it's been very interesting watching how girls interact. Because of course, my only experience is with a tribe of boys. Those boys do not play by setting up all the stuffed animals and having them talk to each other.


There was also some singing.

I mean, I'm sure some boys might do that, but my boys do things like this:


No singing here.

And last, but certainly not least, my last baby has started school.


With a very tropical backpack provided by the MiL.

She only goes two days a week, but still. All four of my children are now in school. When I mentioned to Cubby that this was a little bit sad for me, he offered the very practical suggestion that I should just have another baby then. 

Right.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

4 comments:

Jess said...

My last baby started his high school senior year. When I told him it was a bit sad for me he shrugged his shoulders, smiled and said "suck it up, buttercup". I have used those words on him so many times throughout the years when there was nothing to be done about a situation. I think he really enjoyed the role reversal. I'm going to miss him like crazy next year.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Jess: These kids. No sympathy for a mother's melancholy.

Anonymous said...

Poppy's backpack looks as big as her.
Jasper...so funny!
Linda

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Has Cubby been talking to the grandparents?