Sunday, October 31, 2021

Snapshots: The Dying of the Light

Happy Halloween! I have no photos of my children in their costumes yet. Those will have to wait until next week. 

So for this week, let's start with the obligatory Walk Photo.


Featuring, as always, the dogs.

I took that photo after 7 a.m., and it was still barely light. I rarely manage to be out anymore for the nicest golden orange first light when the sun actually comes up. It's coming up too late, and by that time I need to be on hand for waking children and breakfasts.

With the waning of the daylight hours, however, comes the time of increasing light indoors. I don't wait for December to put up "Christmas" lights. 



This is my view from the end of the table where I sit after all the children are in bed. It's a central location from which I can intercept any escapees and respond to any questions.

I tried to find the "warmest" white lights I could, and I bought incandescent ones. Those LED lights hurt my eyes. Even so, I feel like these are much whiter than the more-yellow older lights I have.

Above me at the table is my favorite light fixture in the house by far.


A. calls it the harem light.

I bought it on Amazon, but it was made in Turkey, out of brass and many, many small beads. I love how colorful and exotic it is. It's hard to get a good picture of it when it's lit up. But even when it's not actually on, it's still very noticeable. It is always remarked upon by small children visiting our house.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful & unique ceiling light.
It makes me happy to see how people have used these strands of light. It always makes me smile. Very cheerful!
Linda

Mary said...

I have enjoyed your posts on The Frugal Girl. I did not realize you have your own blog and
I will enjoy following it. As a native Texas who spent lots of time in New Mexico, I enjoy all things from the Southwest.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Mary: Hi! I didn't realize how much I liked the Southwest until I left it and came back.