Sunday, November 7, 2021

Snapshots: I Fail at Photos Again

I regret to inform you that I did not get a photo of all the children in their Halloween costumes. Again. 

I do have a couple of individual ones. Poppy was Superdancer. She did this costume all by herself, and it included a superhero cape and mask, a tutu, and a tiara. Because that's the sort of thing that makes sense when you have three older brothers and are the sole sister.

 


Superdancer minus the mask, and plus my mother.

I have one picture of part of Calvin's costume, taken by my sister when she was here. He wanted to be a barrel of toxic waste (yup), so she helped him make a barrel out of cardboard.


The final version included black pants, shirt, and gloves, and little pieces of green paper taped all over him to be the toxic waste.

The only photos I have of Jack the Construction Worker and Cubby the Steel Mill Worker are from the costume contest at the village celebration, and I couldn't figure out how to crop out the other children. So I guess you'll just have to use your imagination on those. There were hard hats and jumpsuits and they were actually really good costumes.

Anyway. Let's see what else we have.

I was greatly amused that this guy showed up in my kitchen on Halloween day.


I'm into natural materials in decorating, but I did remove him eventually.

We only have one tree that makes good leaves in the fall, but that's enough to make a pretty good leaf pile.


Poppy the Squirrel in her leaf nest, stocked with rock-acorns for the winter.


We've changed out the Halloween window decorations (provided by my sister) for the Thanksgiving window decorations (also provided by my sister).

We'll close out with a couple of the obligatory Photos From an Early Morning Walk.


O give me a home where the canines roam . . .


And some dramatic clouds over the rising sun.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

1 comment:

Tu mere said...

We’ll have to send you Baca’s photos when he gets home from hunting. Love the turkey and, obviously, the kids photos. I always appreciate them all, landscapes included.