Sunday, January 23, 2022

Snapshots: Lincoln Logs and Tumbleweeds

One day last week when the boys were at school, Poppy and I spent some time building a Lincoln Log village from the giant container of Lincoln Logs that Jack got for his birthday from the MiL.

I thought the MiL would like to see her gift in action. Also reader Susan, who mentioned that her older brother used to build with her.


 Poppy's brothers are not so nice. Luckily for her, I am. And luckily for me, the set came with instructions. I have many skills, but improvising Lincoln Log structures is not one of them.

And speaking of Poppy! And the MiL's gifts! 

One of the things the MiL sent in her boxes o' Christmas presents was a very cute wooly hat that is just the right size for a certain small girl I know.


Just the right colors, too. Her brothers aren't so into purple hearts.

I forgot to post a photo of the actual pie I mentioned in Friday's food post. And as we all know, photos or it didn't happen, so . . .


It happened, and it was pretty.

This year's summer rains and subsequent drought combined with unusually high winds has resulted in an inundation of tumbleweeds. 


Last summer I grew green beans here. Apparently this winter, it's the tumbleweed bed.

And last, as always, a morning walk photo.


A bull before sunrise.

There you have it! My life, shapshotted.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poppy's hat is adorable!
And that pie, delicious looking. Fruit pies are my favorite dessert.
Linda

mil said...

I am impressed by the lattice crust, something I never attempted when I was Cubby's age. In fact, at Cubby's age, I think I was still struggling with a recipe for "Best Two Egg Cake," though I had mastered baking powder biscuits.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

MiL: We watched a video, something that was not available to you at 11 years old. :-)