Sunday, May 29, 2022

Snapshots: Day-cor

When we moved into this house, all the windows had curtains on them. Cheap, ugly curtains on cheap, flimsy curtain rods. I replaced some of them, but didn't get around to one in the living room until, um, last week.


Ugly before . . .


And a much improved after.

Okay, so the "after" photo is only incidentally of the new curtain. What it's really showing is the giant solid black walnut bookcase my dad built for us from wood A. brought home from Blackrock. It's perfect, and my favorite thing in the house now.


The view from the kitchen. Love.

Less aesthetically pleasing were my shoes when we went down a canyon with my parents and walked up a dry beaver pond that was not actually all the way dry. I sank down to my ankles in black muck. It was gross. And it smelled like a swamp.


Luckily, these shoes were worn out and due to be replaced anyway, so I just threw them away. (This is after the muck had dried, so it was gray instead of black. Still smelled, though.)

I failed to mention we got some more chicks a few weeks ago. 


They just got moved outside to the old rabbit hutch. A great improvement over the too-small plastic tub they were living in in the shop.

We went to the school to drop off the school bus for the summer (yay!), and while A. was gassing it up and cleaning it out, the three younger children decided to hold an impromptu track meet.


It was 93 degrees with 30-mile-an-hour winds, but they still ran and did the long jump for twenty minutes. I sat in the van with the air conditioning running and enjoyed the sensation of the van rocking like a boat at sea in the high winds. (Not really.)

And last, some morning walk photos.


A moody apricot tree one morning . . .


Bright sun the next. 

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice curtain & rod.
It looks like you are still wearing whittin shoes??? I did recently buy a pair from Amazon (the barefoot, minimalist ones) & they are quite comfortable.
Linda

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Linda: Yup. I ordered another pair to replace those. I think they're really ugly, but they are also really cheap and comfortable, so . . .