Sunday, June 12, 2022

Snapshots: Drought



We had an unusually foggy morning the other day, but it didn't result in any significant moisture.


We're actually in the midst of a horrible drought. Even the weeds aren't growing, except for the buffalo gourds.


The drought means we're still feeding hay every day, because there's just nothing in the pastures for the sheep to eat. Bummer.


The complete lack of rain has meant that I've been very diligent in watering my garden though, so it's looking really good. Easy to weed, too, since the only places even weeds will grow is exactly where I water.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

So interesting to see and hear how our landscapes and lives are different. I love the photos!

Anonymous said...

Wish we could send you some of our rain! We have enough to spare! Mary in MN

Karen. said...

My garden can't hold a candle to yours. Plus we've had rabbit trouble (eyeroll).