Sunday, October 16, 2022

Snapshots: In Which I Redeem Myself

I took lots of pictures this week, in an attempt to make up for my frankly lame posts in the last couple of weeks. Not that all of them are really artistic or awe-inspiring, but then, that's life.

So! First up: I went to put some dishes from baking in the dishwasher and noticed that this spoon I had dropped into water had made a perfect outline on the surface of the water.


And I thought: "Hey! It's just like those barista coffee foam shapes!" Which just shows you how far I live from actual coffeeshops.

Next up: When we have overnight guests, Cubby very kindly gives up his room with the queen-sized bed and moves out for the duration of the visit. This time he asked to have our extra mattress put on the top of Poppy's bunk bed. I was worried that he would roll around too much, being accustomed to a big bed, so I had to put a barrier to make sure he didn't fall out of the bed.


Overkill for a 12-almost-13-year-old? Yes. But then, I am a mother, and will probably do things like this when he is 23 years old.

My sister is the Halloween Queen, and always brings some new Halloween decorations when she comes. She also helps me hang them up.


Like this lit-up spider web that is impossible to keep up, no matter how much tape we use. Looks really cool, though.

I was working at school last week when the school board president (also mayor of the village and hunting guide) asked if I wanted some apples.


As if he needed to ask. Looks like applesauce to me! 

And now, sheep!


They made a rare appearance, so I took a picture of them.

Ms. Amelia called and said her daughter had "some" canning jars she found in the basement of the house she bought. She wanted to know if I wanted them before they were brought to a thrift shop. Sure, I said.



"Some" turned out to be almost 200 jars of assorted sizes. I will not need to buy jars for several years.

And last, I finally actually went on a morning walk!


All things are possible when I don't have to get anyone ready for school.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

2 comments:

mbmom11 said...

I understand your bunkbed feelings. When my daughter visited last week, I did put up the guard rail on the top bunk she used, and she's way older than 13! Moms gotta mom.
How nice of your friends to offer you apples and jars- they know you well!
Enjoy your Sunday!

Mei said...

I love my morning walks when I can get them.