Tuesday, October 25, 2022

T.T.: Finncrisps and Cheese

This is going to be kind of short, but I was reminded of and subsequently purchased online a few boxes of Finncrisp sourdough rye crisps recently. And then my sister brought us good sharp cheddar. This is how I was reacquainted with a most delicious combination: melted sharp cheddar* scooped up with rye crisps.

So good.

The rye crisps are also good for scooping up cottage cheese, or just spread with butter, but scooping up good melted cheddar with them is one of the the small pleasures of life I didn't realize I missed until I had it again. 

So if you ever see rye crisps at your grocery store, you might want to try them. Get some good cheddar while you're at it and raise your rye crisp dripping with melted cheese in my direction. Salud!

 
I don't have a relevant photo for this, so here's another good New Mexico landscape shot for you courtesy of A.

*I just microwave thin slices of cheese in a bowl until melted. I learned of this combination, by the way, from the MiL. Thanks, MiL.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious.
Linda

Mei said...

I will try these. I am fond of chipped cheese crackers.They use Swiss cheese and chipped beef (from a jar). They are delicious. But put cheese on it (any kind) and I will likely eat it.