Sunday, February 26, 2023

Snapshots: Let's See . . .

A whole bunch of random shots this week. 

Cubby invented a game using the money from our old Game of Life. There were countries and revolutions and invasions and it all sounded very complicated and aggressive. But they all played it for hours, so I guess it was a hit. 

Oh, and the GIANT box in the background of this photo was a spaceship Cubby made. Unrelated to the game, but also very popular this day.


Popular with the children, anyway. Not so popular with me, as it made it somewhat difficult to get to my chair in the far corner of the room.

Cubby also finished the knife that I showed you on his birthday.


Styled after a Mexican fighting knife, which was in turn based on a Bowie knife. And if you know what any of that means, you would love it at my house.

How about something less combative now? Yes. 

Let's check in on the famous windmill.


Standing tall at sunrise.

We are at the dead, dry, brown part of the year when I start to really yearn for any hint of color on my morning walks. Unfortunately, we're still a few months out from any wildflowers, so all I got is dead sunflower heads.


They do glow nicely in the light from the rising sun, at least.

And last, back to combat! 

A. took the two younger boys to the state judo championships in Colorado this weekend. It was their very first tournament. They both fought well, and, more importantly to me, didn't get injured.

I was home with the other two children, so I don't have any photos of the battle at the Colorado dojo (as A. kept calling it), so here's one of their judo gis drying on the line.


Getting these washed and dried takes considerable planning, because they're incredibly thick and take forever to dry, even on a sunny day.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family seems ready for the apocalypse! Mil

JP2GiannaT said...

My kids play a game called Princess Dream Land that involves a fair amount of wooden railroad infastructure, various buildings built of magnet tiles and blocks, political intrigue, and peg doll characters dying by the hand of one of their stuffed animals. I don't quite understand it either, but it keeps them entertained for a long time.

Fiona said...

Amazing what they come up with!
Being in the thick of toddler life, I'm looking forward to such amazing imaginary play.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Fiona: What's funny is that toddlers already have whole worlds and games in their heads, they just can't express it as well. I didn't realize this until recently, when my older sons started telling me things they imagined when they were very young.I had no idea,for instance,that my one son's imaginary "friend" was actually something he was afraid of that he imagined lived behind the toilet.He was afraid to leave the bathroom lest it jump out at him. Totally not what I thought it was.