Sunday, March 5, 2023

Snapshots: Planting Has Begun

We had some late sleety stuff on Tuesday that resulted in quite a bit of heavy frost on everything Wednesday morning. I was particularly amused by this bale of hay that looked just like a giant Frosted Shredded Wheat cube.


I'll leave this to the sheep for breakfast, however.

The MiL arrived for a visit right after all that mess on Tuesday, bringing with her two bouquets of flowers for me. 


The big one on the left is what both of them looked like when she bought them.

I separated, trimmed, and re-arranged both bouquets, ending up with one for the table, one for the living room, and a tiny one for Poppy's room.


Of course I chose only pink and purple for her tiny vase. She was thrilled.

So lovely to have colorful flowers in the house again.

It may be awhile before I have wildflowers for the table again, but spring is definitely coming. We spent some time outside yesterday putting the very first seeds in the ground: Lettuce, radishes, and carrots.

Will I be talking about that in much more detail on Tuesday? But of course. In the meantime, here's Poppy watering garlic for me.


Nothing more fun than spraying water around.

While we were doing that, the boys were claiming the garden for the U.S.A.


The yellow school bus in the background makes it extra patriotic.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

1 comment:

Mei said...

I do not miss bucking hay, frosted or otherwise.

I love the color the flowers add. Perhaps I can get my husband to get me bouquet... or two.