Tuesday, August 15, 2023

No Food, Just a Milestone

Today is Tuesday, and I should be posting something about my garden at the moment. Instead, however, I must share with you something sort of momentous.

Yesterday was our first day of school. 


We have a construction theme this year.

I now have children in grades 8, 6, 3, and kindergarten. Poppy, of course, is my kindergartener. And because our preschool is only two days a week, that means this is her first year of full-time school.

My schedule at the school is unchanged, so I'm still working Mondays and Wednesdays. I worked yesterday on the first day of school, but I do not have to work today. So I am home today. But none of my children are.

For the first time in 13 years, I will have whole days at home to get things done without working around any of my kids.

Of course, most of the things I have to get done are still in service to those same kids, but it's a new experience to be able to just do what I need to do when I need to do it. 

Time marches on. And we march right along with it.


10 comments:

mbmom11 said...

Congratulatolions! And enjoy your time at home! I found, when my youngest 2 finally were in school full time , I was still checking the car for them when I was running errands by myself. It took a little getting used to!

mbmom11 said...

Whoops, I need to go back to school and fix my spelling. Why can't autocorrect work in my favor!

Claire said...

Wow that's momentous. I'm sure you'll quickly grow used to this precious time on your own :) how was Poppy's first school day?
Claire

Karen. said...

It is unbelievable how much I love the days when I get my house to myself. :)

Andra said...

I hope all the kids (and you!) had a good first day back!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Claire: Oh, she loved it. As I knew she would.

Karen.: Well, it's not really to myself exactly, because A. is still here, but he doesn't require as much care as a child does. :-)

Hawaii Planner said...

Oh, that is a milestone! My eldest is a senior in high school this year, and I still remember the first day of K so well!

Daisy said...

This is a huge milestone! Enjoy your productive time at home - without young ones!

Tu mere said...

And you don’t even sound upset by the alone time, as if you would. That said, I’m sure the one on one time has been special with your last and will be missed.

Claire said...

I'm happy to read Poppy had a great start at school! First impressions sometimes are important