Sunday, August 13, 2023

Snapshots: Stuff 'n' Nonsense

It's a Church Lady month! The previous person who did it put this banner over the old organ that's no longer used. I thought it was really cool looking. I have no idea how old it is, but it's been a very long time since there's been a Sociedad Del Altar at our church.


Maybe forty years. Maybe longer.


Detail of the monstrance in the middle. It's all painted, no doubt by hand.

If you missed my atypical Thursday post, here are the flowers I had on my table this week.


Yay, flowers.

School starts tomorrow. Only one child has shown any interest in this. She laid out her clothing for the first day, to make sure it looked okay.


She even made a face out of paper for better visualization.

We had one of the oddest cloud formations I've ever seen last weekend.


I have no idea what causes those striations, but it sure is dramatic.

And last, a rare unicorn sighting.


With notably long eyelashes.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Those clouds are gorgeous, and the unicorn is adorable. Great choice for a first day outfit!

Gemma's person said...

The cloud almost looks somewhat like an iceberg.

Anonymous said...

Presbyterian me had to look up monstrance--and then I noticed the similarities between the altar society monstrance and your sunflower arrangement. Very cool. Mil

Tu mere said...

All the photos are so unique, lovely and telling it’s hard to comment on them all. The best, however, always revolve around the kids. Unicorns (guessing not just a passing fancy) and the outfit, with the addition of face and shoes, wins hands down.