Sunday, August 27, 2023

Snapshots: I Live

I felt in some doubt of that in the past three days. I haven't been that sick in yeeears, and it was Very Not Fun.

However! I do think I may finally be recovering. I slept through the night last night; I might actually be able to eat some solid food today; and I even have some photos for you. Because life goes on, even when I'm mired in misery.

First, because this is truly the most exciting thing to happen all month:


I HAVE WINDOWS!

The window company called Tuesday asking if they could come that day to install our windows, but they didn't actually show up until Friday. Kind of annoying, but hey, at least they came! And now I can see my dead asparagus from the kitchen again. 

The second most exciting thing this month:


I HAVE A TOMATO! (And a green bean.)

Because I am me, the first thing I did when I became even slightly ambulatory again yesterday afternoon was go check on the garden. And there I found a red tomato. It's a Roma, which is slightly less exciting than a really good eating tomato like a Stupice, but it's a tomato! And I found that one green bean, too, so the grasshoppers haven't eaten everything.

And last we have two table bouquets: One from before the Great Pestilence.


I changed it up a little by using the Topo Chico bottle and removing the dried purple flowers.

And one from after:


Poppy actually made this one for me, at my request. She did a good job. Takes after her mother. And the lighting is weird because I didn't get a picture until this morning, when the sun wasn't up yet.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

5 comments:

mbmom11 said...

Congratulations on the windows! We're you able to get the windshield fixed too?
I hope everyone in your family recovers/stays healthy.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

mbmom11: No. The windshield got cracked on our oldest, most beater vehicle. It doesn't really have any value anymore,so I think we'll just drive that locally until it gets really cold and the missing window in the back makes it uncomfortable. Then to the scrap yard it goes.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are up & moving!
Linda

Tu mere said...

Gotta love the lay low bugs just waiting for classes to begin. Wish we were closer so we could have helped everyone get you through the worst part of your malaise. Really impressed with your Friday blog, considering the state your body was in. At least the windows look great. Sure you’re trying to give your body time to fully recover, at least as much as that’s possible in your world.

Mei said...

I hope you are feeling normal soon. At the least you are moving around and that is very good. Praying you return to your normal self very soon.