Sunday, October 1, 2023

Snapshots: Shoulder Season Flowers

I was somewhat surprised when I took a walk on Tuesday and found that the sunflowers have almost entirely given up the ghost. I feel like that happened very quickly this year.


Seed heads in the morning light.

I managed to find a couple sunflowers that were in good enough shape for the table. The flowers on the table are now joined by candles, because it's dark when the kids eat breakfast before school, and candlelight makes them happy.


As happy as they're going to be at 6:35 a.m. on a school day, anyway.

The calendula is still bravely blooming despite the ravages of weather and grasshoppers.


I have some hope it might even set seeds.

Oh look, more early-morning walk photos.


Good morning, schoolhouse.


And a shadow self-portrait in the school bus door.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

2 comments:

mbmom11 said...

My one daughter got her bus pick up shifted to 6:34 am- 15 min earlier. She is not a fan. No candles here though- just the gentle glow of YouTube to put her in a better mood before thrusting her out into the dark.

Andra said...

mbmom11: My son also has the soft glow of youtube to get him in a better mood on weekdays. Yet he wakes up in a great mood on the weekends…at the same time.