Sunday, January 7, 2024

Snapshots: Light

Let's start with a girl in a box.


She actually fell asleep in this, which was pretty funny.

When my sister visited in October, she left us some little seasonal decorative candles. I forgot about the Christmas ones until this week, so I put them all out at once.


In a blaze of glory, you might say.

I'm Church Lady this month, and when I got there early last Sunday, the morning sun was coming in through a side window at just the right angle to spotlight the Christmas tree at the front of the church.


It was more dramatic in person.

It's certainly woodstove season now.


Moody embers in the morning.

My brother and his daughter arrived Wednesday afternoon, and we immediately took her for a horse ride since we knew a snowstorm was on its way.


Good old Cora.

The next morning started mostly clear.


With some clouds to reflect the rising sun.

But later that same day . . .


Stoic bull in the snow.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

2 comments:

Gemma's person said...

There must not be very many ladies in your church if it is your turn already again. :)
SNOW.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

G.P.: There are only three of us that serve as mayordomos, and one of those three only does it a couple of months in a year. So yes, it is my turn frequently.