Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Some Photos

I don't have a lot to say today. I have a cold; eldest son is laid up after his second foot surgery Friday; and the other two boys are taking it in turns to be sick and home from school.

So I just went outside, took a lap around the house, and took some pictures. And here they are.


The backyard clothesline is my spring/summer clothesline. Less sun, but also doesn't get whipped around in the terrible wind we get in the spring. I can't use it in the winter because the woodstove smoke gets in here, but it's going to be 70 degrees today, so no fire.
 

Random toys left outside. These cattle don't look too healthy to me.


Hardy parsley already showing green.


Lamb gang.


The bulb garden/mechanic's pit continues to grow.


An astonishing quantity of baling twine from hay bales that I paid the youngest two children to clean up yesterday. Totally worth five bucks to not have to pick it all up myself.


These sticks were obviously part of some game. I thought they looked quite arty arranged as they were in the morning light on the front steps.

That's all. Have a nice Tuesday.

5 comments:

mbmom11 said...

Sorry you're feeling poorly. I hope everyone gets better soon and your surgery patient gets through this hard part quickly.
How many lambs have made it?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

mbmom11: We have five right now with another couple of ewes still to deliver.

Tu mere said...

Wow. A cold, parental nightmare surgery, sick children. You win the mom endurance prize this week. So sorry 😞.

Mei said...

Is it obvious I am from a navy family when the first thing I see from the sheet picture is a ship's bow?
I have always wondered why No one has devised a way to recycle all the twine. I do not miss having to deal with it all.

Cathy W said...

Goodness No! I knew from Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons...

Got to love Pete the Cat!