Sunday, April 7, 2024

Snapshots: Blooms

The tulips have started blooming!


Mostly purple, white, and yellow ones, which I like better than red.

I went to the church on Friday to see how the Easter flowers were faring on the altar. There's no heat in our church during the week, and the cool environment really preserved the flowers remarkably well.

There were some droopy ones, though, so I dismantled the big arrangement and distributed the good flowers to the other vases, also moving the Easter lilies.


I'm not Church Lady this month, but I'm going to take care of the flowers as long as they last. So I guess I'm an Altar Society of one.

It had been a long time since the kids had set up a game with toys in the living room, but they certainly did this weekend.


There was a whole long story associated with these cars.


And then there was this installation.

They always were very expansive in their games.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

6 comments:

Jody said...

I think our children would get along quite well in their games. I am amazed by the games they make up. They usually involve dice, 12-inch rulers, and army men or ships made out of Legos.

Gemma's person said...

Children need to use there imagination. Expanding their minds and solving problems they made up. Keep up the good work all of you who encourage this.

Gemma's person said...

their

Anonymous said...

I love the new arrangement! -moi

Daisy said...

The cars remind me of my brother. He had all kinds of elaborate games that usually involved parking his cars (Matchbox and Hot Wheels) between the black keys on the piano.

Tu mere said...

Not a big fan of tulips, but those look really nice. Another example of your children’s creativity, as well as your unique ability to disregard living room obstacles to navigate.