Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Halloween Spirit

My sister just left yesterday after her annual trip to see us for Poppy's birthday. It's a very convenient time for her to come, because it's just before Halloween, and my sister loves Halloween.

She always brings some decorations with her and helps the children put them up.





These lights are little bats and ghosts.


Ghost light close-up.

She also always helps them with their costumes.

I am not a good costume person, so her help is much appreciated. This year, she helped one son sew a robe so he can be an Arab.


It turned out very well, especially considering he started with just a torn sheet. Still to come: A traditional sword (made from cardboard, thankfully).

I appreciate the spirit she brings to the house for Halloween because, while I have many good qualities, I cannot count enthusiasm for decorations and costumes among them.

How about you? Are you a decorating-for-holidays sort of person, or nah?

4 comments:

Karen. said...

Nicely played, sister.

I concede that I have zero enthusiasm for Halloween. Perhaps less than zero. But I live that position in isolation, so here we are.

mbmom11 said...

I decorate a little- I like Halloween because low key works. I too have a sister who brings Halloween decorations, so I have a stash in the basement. I probably won't decorate this year due to life, but we will carve pumpkins. If I Remember to get some....
I did help son with costume of a minecraft character- he designered it and did most of the work. I helped cut out the cardboard. He looks great. I think he's the only one of my kids to go trick or treating g this year..

Gemma's person said...

Nah.

Anonymous said...

I'm w/ Gemma's person. It's a no.
Linda