That title there was the catch phrase for a radio show that used to be on in the car in the mornings when I was being driven to I think preschool in Georgia. I have no memory of any more of the show, just that--I can hear the intonation precisely--"I got a comment."
Another thing I remember clearly from my childhood is Oreos. We almost always had them in our cookie jar, and I definitely have a comment about those.
I do not think the Oreos now have as much of the creme filling in them. At all. In fact, I have children who prefer the "Double Stuf"* Oreos, and so I buy those fairly frequently. This has given me the opportunity to note that what are considered double now would have been a regular Oreo in my childhood.
I mean, take a look at this, an actual "Double Stuf" Oreo.
* Wow, do I hate that single F.

9 comments:
Wait, that’s a double stuff????
Yes, I think there's less cream filling. I wonder if it was done to save money or reduce calorie count?
We usually get twist and shouts ( walmart brand) but I do buy double stuffed to ensue there's enough filling. For real Oreos, I would occasionally those in honemade ice cream- the double stuff filling throws the ice cream texture off.
I agree! The “mega stuff” now are what I remember as the “double stuff” before.
I don’t remember anything else about the “I got a caw-ment” than the tone either…
Tara.
I knew you would back me up here. Although I was hoping you would remember more about the radio show . . . (For everyone else: This is my older sister, by the way.)
Oh, I didn't think about the calorie thing. Although it seems kind of funny to imagine Oreo trying to appeal to the calorie-conscious in any way. :-)
That's what they SAY, but I say they're cheating us.
It was a morning radio show in Montgomery Alabama. Only two oldest were in car, you walked to preschool on the Air Force Base. There was an ongoing comedy character with the stereotypical slow southern accent who would say “ I’ve got a comment” after the straight announcer would read some news, the “comment “ was something along the lines of my alfalfa got some rain last night or the pigs got into the corn fields again.. Hysterical stuff for a nine and seven year old. Funny what becomes family lore.
Considering all the health information we now have regarding what to feed your children, I apologize for your Oreo imprint. I don’t buy them anymore just because the cream part sticks to my mouth and is distasteful. Guess if I wanted to eat them I’d go for the less cream ones, but I know I won’t buy them again so it’s a moot point.
definitely less filling now. I buy the double Stuf too. Never used to.
Post a Comment