I have some pictures from the county fair, but I think I'll save those for Tuesday. Here's what else we were up to this week.
A sunrise football practice for our new football player. Good thing I wake up stupid early every morning.
Poppy helped me make some sauerkraut this week. I didn't grow any cabbages this year, so I just bought a few organic ones at Walmart and used those.
An American boy with the American flag.
A bit moodier, this one.
A. was gone all week in New York, leaving the rest of us as shepherds. The complete lack of rain has meant that there is no grass left in the pastures, so we've been letting the sheep out in the evening to graze the roadsides. They mostly will come back on their own before sundown, but they needed a little help a couple of days.
I prefer to do my sheep herding from the car.
A new lamb was born while A. was gone, bringing our lamb count this year to seven: four girls and three boys.
Young lambs sleep so heavily they look dead, which is always concerning.








No comments:
Post a Comment