Saturday, October 4, 2008

And the Trivial, Random Beat Goes On

So.

It appears that I've been blathering on long enough now to reach the momentous marker of Post Number 200. I don't know how I'm supposed to commemorate this occasion. I'm sure there's some kind of blogging tradition, where I do one of those awful lists that tells you 200 things about me you didn't really want to know. But I hate that shit, and do you really care if I prefer beer or wine? Unless I'm coming to your house, and then I would expect you to care and to know enough to serve me a nice sweet white or rose wine. Thank you.

BUT ANYWAY.

It is not outside the realm of possibility, however, that there are some things you want to know about. About me, about A., about the animals, about the property, about any of the myriad random topics that I post about on a daily basis.

We have established that my favorite topic is ME and all things relating to ME, and now I'm giving you the opportunity to ask about ME, so I can talk about ME some more. Any questions that may have arisen in the course of you reading this mess can now be asked at will in the comments, and will be answered in the order in which they were received.

So what do inquiring minds want to know? How A. and I met? My favorite kind of socks? The average temperature of Blackrock in the winter? Ask, and you shall receive.

Just don't ask anything hard, like how many three dozen is. I don't know that sort of thing. Let's stick to ME, okay?

11 comments:

Sweet Bird said...

So I shouldn't ask you what function the endoplasmic reticulum serves? Okay...

How about, how did you and A meet? And what exactly did this country boy do to make you give up your high-class city ways?

Susan said...

oh I have many questions! Like - what if my chickens still have bald butts in the winter? Do I get them toupees? And yes, what DID turn you from city to country? At what point did it seem normal to have lamb pelts on your barn floor? And could you tell who was who? There are more, but I'll get back in line.

moi said...

How did you learn how to can? 'Cause I know it wasn't from your formative years.....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'll have to get back to you with a question (ugh, just reminded myself of Sarah Palin). What I wanted to tell you today - don't worry, it's still about YOU - is that we took some visitors from China to a working 1850's era farm here today (sort of a museum/reenactment type place) and I thought of you and your claim to latent Laura Ingalls Wilder fantasies. And I confess I've had them, too. Until today. Because... damn, them log cabins are tiny and uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

I find myself worrying about whether the dogs have shelter out there in the pasture all night. Do they have a dog house, a tent, a little shed? Where do they go to sleep--surely not on the ground? Mary in MN (owner of one small dog who has two beds to choose from).

Anonymous said...

question: were you this obsessed about gardening before you married A?

krysta said...

if you had a day without blackrock and all it's worries and cares.... what would you do for the day?

krysta said...

oh and 1 more... what five books/movies/cds would you bring with you if you were stranded on an island?

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Can I answer Krysta's question? If I'm ever stranded on an island, I want to have:

* Poisonous Plants: A Handbook for Doctors, Pharmacists, Toxicologists, Biologists and Veterinarians

* How To Build A Wooden Boat

That should pretty much cover it.

Anonymous said...

Ooo! I want to ask some:

1) What are your guilty pleasures?

2) Something that makes you squeamish?

3) Scene in a movie that always makes you cry?

MsPicketToYou said...

is it too late for me to get in on this game? No, Ms Picket, it is not too late.

Do you ever find yourself singing the Green Acres theme song? Like when in the Cistern?