Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The X Interview

I've mentioned once or twice that I am not fond of memes and don't like to do them. In fact, I hate the very word meme and will not use it again.

However, I did sign up for this one particular, um, Internet thingie offered by X of Starts with an X. If you've never been to X's site, you should go there, because she's really funny. But be prepared to blush while you're laughing, because she does not edit herself. Well, not her content, anyway. The grammar and spelling are excellent.

BUT ANYWAY.

The way this particular Internet thingie worked was, I agreed to be interviewed by X. She wrote five questions for me to answer. This being X, who is totally off the charts uninhibited (in contrast to me, who is totally off the charts prudish), I had some reservations. I figured she would ask at least one question that would make me blush. She did not disappoint.

Y'all ready for this? Here we go . . .

1. What is the nastiest chore you've had to perform since moving to the country?

So many to choose from . . . The nastiest one-time chore was cleaning up some dog vomit in the back hall that consisted of chunks of a decomposing animal the dog had eaten in the woods. It smelled and looked so disgusting, I almost threw up myself. And I don't throw up very easily.

Sorry you asked?

2. Is it possible to be in love with more than one person at once? Why or why not?

CHEATER. That's two more questions. But I'll let it slide . . . So, to be in love? I suspect it might be, though I never have been. The level of intimacy required to be in love would be difficult to maintain with more than one person.

3. Before the age of 18, what was your favorite age and why?

X, you're a sneaky one, with these combo two-questions-in-one. I'm going to say nine. I was very confident and happy at about that age, before we moved again and I entered the misery known as middle school.

4. What's a question you hate being asked?

Any variation on, "So, when are you gonna have kids?"

5. If you were a stripper, what would your stage name be and what song would you have played when you were announced?

And there it is. The blushing question. Coulda been worse though. Okay . . .

My name? Coco Belle. Coco being the name of one of our sheep, Belle one of our cats. And me being a complete nerd and choosing a stripper name from among pet names. Good lord.

And my song? What else but Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman"?

Wanna play, too? Here's the deal:

1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (And realize I might take a while to get back to you.)

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.

3. Update your blog with the answers to the questions. Be sure you link back to the original post.

4. Include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you ask them five questions.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwah-hahahahaha! No blog = no Internet thingie interview!

Anonymous said...

Ooo! Ooo! Interview me! I know you hate these things, Ms. Belle, but I love them.

bigskygirls said...

I love memes! Actually, I didn't know what the word meme meant a few minutes ago, so I had to go look it up real quick. But now I know. And, indeed, I do love them. So you can interview me if you'd like. :)

Anonymous said...

I did this too and my answers are up today on Mayberry Magpie.

Yes. Her questions are HARD! And, um, I'm not known for brevity. But I admire yours.

Sweet Bird said...

Hmm...Coco Belle. I think picking two pet names is better than the standard childhood street name + childhood pet name. If that were the case I'd be Kita Cheetah - creep, eh?

Tina Post said...

interview me! i might be slow getting responses up, and i might not be able to use capital letters, but it sounds like fun.

It's me said...

My stripper name was Desire. Not Desiree, embarrassingly enough. And not very creative.

Loved your interview

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am SO sorry I asked question number one. That is supreme nastiness!
And can I tell you that I love "Redneck Woman." I feel pretty silly singing it, though. Ya know, as a Mexican chick who lives in Vegas and all. But, now you've got in my head so ...
Love the answers! This was fun.

Anonymous said...

Just saw your comment on my blog. LMAO!

jean said...

I think you handled it very well, but I'll pass on the offer to be interviewed.

FinnyKnits said...

Ha! Although the dog barf thing skeeved me out. I think rolling in possum shit is enough for my interactions with the dog, thanks.

I'd say interview me, but I think you know all the answers already ;)

If, by some miracle, there are 5 questions you want to ask me, I'm game.