Friday, January 23, 2009

Anti-climax

I was all set to eat The Final Tomato yesterday. I was also all set to report back to you on whether I felt invincible or ready for last rites.

But the irritating, spastic barn cat known as Belle got to it first. I found her batting it around on the kitchen floor. It was all dirty and perforated from her claws. So I decided not to eat it. And now we'll NEVER KNOW whether the ever-lasting tomato was a force for good or evil. I hope Belle is proud of what she's done. Stupid cat.

Can you tell I'm not a cat fancier?

But for those of you who are thinking, "Thank GOD we don't have to hear any more about these ridiculous tomatoes until summer," your relief will be short-lived. The MiL and I are planning to sit down and put together our seed order next weekend, so before you know it, there will be tomato seeds sprouting in the bathroom (warmest room in the house, ya know) and the tomato craziness will begin anew. Wheee!

And with THAT pleasant thought, I wish you all a happy Friday and a fantastic weekend.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fitting end for the tomato that refused to die! Death by kitty attack.

Anonymous said...

Damn cats.
They have already started selling seed packets & gardening equipment in my local Target. It gets me all excited for spring, but then I have to remember OH YEAH, IT'S JANUARY and we're not even a month removed from Christmas. Sigh.
You have a good weekend too!

Anonymous said...

Damn cat. I guess that tomato was a force for evil; think of its untimely end.

I'm happy to hear about the seeds because that means we're getting closer to spring! I hope. I'm pretty tired of this whole winter thing.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Perhaps Belle realized, in her psychic animal way, that the tomato was evil, and she jumped in, at great personal risk, to save you puny humans.

Aaaand now I'm going to go collect my commission from the National Association for the Excessive Use of Commas.

Chiot's Run said...

OH, cats in the house ruin a good many things. It's a good thing they're so cute otherwise we wouldn't have 3 of them sleeping on our bed right now!

Seed, oh how exciting. I need to do that as well.

Where are you ordering from? I'm always in the market for a new seed website!

FinnyKnits said...

Bastard cat. That is SO something Rocket would do. Or, because she's extra evil, she'd somehow finagle it into the toilet, flush it and then flood the house.

I bet that tomato WAS a force of evil, as it was attracting other evil forces to do battle.

So, whatcha orderin'?

Sweet Bird said...

Let the madness begin!

Tomato madness that is...

krysta said...

stoopid cat! between mine and yours...

Susan said...

Can you eat the cat instead, and report on that?

And while you order seeds, I'm ordering new chickens! I have four more coming this year to join the herd. A group of chickens is a herd, right? No? Pod then.

The Country Experience said...

Ooh, seed order expectation and the excitement mounts! It's not an addiction, no. Not at all!