Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mia's Little Friend

You all know my baby dog, Mia.


She invites you to play with her manky old gardening glove.

I have a lot of pictures of her.


She looks awfully . . . small in this one.

Oh, right! That's because that's not Mia. That's Rita, the homeless puppy. Rita is the only puppy who has not yet been sold. So she's still here, hanging with the big dogs and waiting for her owner to come along. Her markings are almost identical to Mia's. Except for the scars all over Mia's face, Rita is basically a miniature version of her. They like to play together, which is very cute.

How about a size comparison?


My dog is a behemoth. But she shares her glove nicely.

Sometimes, when I'm feeling particularly witty, I call Rita the Mini-Mi. Geddit? Like Mini-Me from Austin Powers and Mini-Mia?

I know. My cleverness is really astounding.

6 comments:

tami bami wami said...

If no one claims the puppy will you guys be throwing an adoption party as a welcome to mia's crazy family?

rls said...

Awww. If I had room I would totally take her. What a cutie. Have you had an update on the puppy who was going to live in Utah (is that right?) to be a therapy dog (is that also right?)?

Chiot's Run said...

If she sticks around any longer is she going to become another member of the family?

Susan said...

Absolutely adorable. And so are the dogs.

tu mere said...

How sweet - definitely mini-mia (great word play, as usual). Also amazing is how good your photos are, considering the fact you can't actually see what you're shooting. May be Santa will put you on his list for a new camera if you keep making people happy with your photos.

jean said...

I was so afraid that the thing in Mia's mouth was a dead animal. Yuck. I think Mini-Mia would make a great addition to the family.