Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bah

I need to keep a professional photographer on staff*. That way, when I tell you that there was heavy fog this morning and it all froze into a surprisingly beautiful covering of hoarfrost on everything, I might actually be able to post a picture that shows you what I'm talking about.

But I don't have a professional photographer on staff. And I am most certainly not a professional photographer myself. So, once again, I must ask you to dust off those seldom-used imaginations and just try to visualize it for yourselves.

It really is pretty, though.

* "On staff." What a joke. The staff around here consists of me and A. And they're volunteer positions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been missing the pictures. Times are tough, so you had to lay off the non professional photographer you had?? Are you saving up the photographing time for the man-cub?
word verification 'mance'
male version of nancy

Marcy said...

I thought about a picture too but I wasn't sure it would photograph well and it was too cold to be standing around out there taking multiple shots. It was impressive though and one of those times you just have to savor the moment.

More sun today. Hasn't it been wonderful, this string of sunny days and moonlit nights?

Anonymous said...

I will be your professional photographer. Please pay me in pickles, thx.

Haley said...

I suck at taking pictures. Many of your outdoor shots on here are actually good, a lot better than mine. I cannot figure out lighting. Especially when I try to take pictures of my cats. If I don't use flash, it turns out blurry. If I do use flash, the background fades into blackness and the cat has shining devil eyes. So you are not alone. I imagine fig would elude me even more.

Anonymous said...

Photographs never do justice to the Kodak moment at hand anyway. Lance

Daisy said...

You can dream about having a staff. You can dream of having your people call me people - wait a minute, I don't have any people, either.