Monday, November 9, 2009

Nasty Chore--DODGED

It was a wonderful Indian summer day yesterday, 60 degrees and sunny all day. So how did we celebrate? With manual labor, but of course! This IS Blackrock, after all. There was much raking and burning of leaves, laundry on the line, and gutters cleaned.

And about those gutters.

This is a task that in the past has fallen to me. It is a disgusting job, what with all the rotted plant material and insects that have collected in the gutters. Also a precarious job, as some of the gutters are pretty high. Also a tedious job, as the extension ladder gets inched along the miles of gutters, with the gutter cleaner ascending and descending the ladder multiple times. And this year, since I think climbing extension ladders is not on the list of Recommended Activities While Pregnant, the nastiness, precariousness, and tedium was ALL A. All I did was steady the ladder and sweep up the mess afterward. It was great. I think we should do it this way every year.

A. might not agree.

12 comments:

me again said...

Do you mean you want A. do repeat this every year, or do you intend to repeat the pregnancy every year? That's quite a way to avoid ladders............

me again said...

I meant, to repeat

sweetbird said...

I have a feeling you might get used to this whole pregnant thing...

Also, my captcha word is belizese and I was just looking at vacations in Belize. Fate, no?

Anke said...

Being pregnant does have it's advantages...

sheila said...

Next year you can't risk the ladder because you will be the baby food source. You can keep this working to your advantage.

Anonymous said...

I see the possiblity for 'gutter guard' in your future.

Marcy said...

It was definitely gutter-cleaning weather but I learned early on that once I did a chore it was all mine thereafter. I've left the gutters that require the 2-ton extension ladder to The Mister. You know you have a great chance now to turn this around...

SaintTigerlily said...

What are gutters???

:)

Unknown said...

Try the new Gutter Clutter Buster to vacuum out your gutters while you stay safely on the ground.

Good luck and stay safe!

FinnyKnits said...

I forgot about gutters.

We need to clean our gutters.

Maybe Bubba will remember when I'm out of town.

Wouldn't that be a nice little miracle?

Good job getting out of it this year even though the exchange will mean a messier job in the long run ;)

Pat said...

Hmmmm, here's where it's an advantage to live in a trailer.

Good call on not climbing ladders, especially high ones, when pregnant. Milk this baby for as long as you can!

MsPicketToYou said...

this is circumstance in which you cannot claim feline feces and thus No Gardening.

still, we got a baby in there...

DUDES? A baby.