Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Hate These Kind of Phone Calls

The lambs decided to celebrate Columbus Day yesterday by going exploring. Into the road. What is with the sheep and the road recently?

I was informed of this little lamb adventure by a phone call from our neighbor around noon. I said a very bad word (not related to my neighbor, obviously, just a commentary on my feelings of the situation generally), thanked her hastily, and hung up. By the time I got downstairs, got my shoes on, found a bowl, and filled the bowl with corn, the MiL had collected the wayward lambs and was herding them up the driveway.

Someone once asked how we can stand to eat our lambs. Things like this make it a lot easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But what have the eggs ever done to you? ;) har har har

word verification-peadsomi

a little tinkle

Kay said...

You understand! My angst with wayward animals... only mine are bovine in nature. And I use very bad words to describe my feelings about the situation too.

And I have no qualms about eating our calves either. It's only fair in my estimation.