Sunday, October 10, 2010

More Evidence That I Suck at Photography

As if I haven't provided ample evidence of that already.

A. was entertaining Cubby yesterday while I collapsed on the couch in a sleep-deprived and mucous-beset swoon. Cubby has pretty recently gotten the hang of sitting up, which means, as A. discovered, that he can now sort of sit on Daddy's shoulders. If Daddy is vigilant in holding him with both hands so he doesn't go plummeting six feet off of Daddy's shoulders when he decides to fling himself backwards because the EXCITEMENT IS ALL TOO MUCH.

It is pretty exciting up there, what with the great fun of yanking at Daddy's hair and the close proximity to his beloved chandeliers.

Anyway, so Cubby was perched on A.'s shoulders, crowing with delight and grinning like a loon. I managed to recover sufficiently from my swoon to notice the Extreme Bonding occurring before my bloodshot and burning eyes. So I grabbed the camera from the table next to me and took a picture. Bonding moment captured! I am the recorder of the family memories! The maker of nostalgia!

Except.

We were inside. With no lights on. And directly behind the scene of enchantment I was attempting to capture was a very bright, sunny window. What this means is that I got a very nice silhouette of father and son, but it was just solid black. So you can't see the expression on Cubby's face or anything*. Yay me!

I fiddled with exposure and things in the photo software and managed to get it to where you can kind of see the actual people in the shot, but I think it still pretty much rates an F for photographic success.


Dammit.

* It also means you can't see that they're both wearing flannel shirts. It figures that I would finally get the father/son flannel shirt photo and you can't see the shirts. I am awesome.

6 comments:

rls said...

Hey, I say if the camera was actually sitting next to you, and you were quick enough to grab it and take the photo, that gets at least a C. I'm always going, "Oh, that's cute; I should take a picture. Where's the camera? 'Change Batteries?' Dammit!"

And I can see their faces well enough for the end result to be at least a B. So there.

Anonymous said...

Way cool.... I'm with ris and with the description included even a B+
Good goin' mom with no sleep and stuffed up and crappy feeling. You did good. You were in the room and it is now emblazened in your memory. Beth

word verification guelepp

cubby's upper lip before wiping his nose

Tami Bami Wami said...

Heh, they look like a human version of a christmas tree. Good going!!! I agree with the others the fact you had a camera handy and went through with the impulse to take a picture is worth a B grade.

Daisy said...

So sweet! You'll always remember this moment, whether the pic turned out or not.

me again said...

I love this photo! I just emailed you; I can lighten this up in photoshop if you wish. What a great father-son shot, one of those photographs you're so glad to have. Thanks for sharing it with us!
:-)
==lennie==

FinnyKnits said...

Hey, A for effort!