Sunday, November 28, 2010

That Ain't No Cold, Son

No, definitely not a petty little cold. More along the lines of flu. It was not a fun scene around here today.

But let's find the silver lining! If I had to suffer (and OH, SUFFER I DID) through a bout of the flu, at least it brought me down on a day when both A. and the MiL were home to take care of Cubby. I did provide access to his milk supply every few hours, but was otherwise free to spend my day alternating between the fetal position on the bed downstairs and the fetal position on a towel on the floor of the bathroom. Closer to the toilet, you see.

At one point as I cuddled close to the toilet, I recall fuzzily thinking this felt a lot like one of the earlier stages of labor. Except the end result was not a stupendous and wondrous baby, but vomit.

Definitely not as rewarding.

Speaking of that wondrous baby, he has thankfully so far been spared this illness. He was a little snuffly last night, but otherwise unconcerned. Of course, he's had a flu shot. Just another example of the importance of vaccinations, kids.

The crackers and ginger ale I tentatively chanced a couple of hours ago have so far not reappeared, which I will take as a positive sign. Though I'm not all better yet by any means, so I'm not counting my toilets before they remain unflushed. If you know what I mean. Which I don't. So I think I'll be going now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get well quick. Someone told me the other day there was a virus going 'round with just such symptoms. Stock up on the vitamins and veggies. Take care. Beth