Thursday, January 6, 2011

Move Over, Gatorade

We shan't talk about yesterday. I think the best thing to do is consign it to the garbage bin of Sick Days That Will Live In Infamy and move on.

So! Let me tell you a new thing I learned yesterday! We all know that ginger ale is practically a necessity for re-hydrating if you've managed to somehow expel all the liquid in your body (NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT). And we also know that mulberry juice has wonderful restorative properties. So what happens when you combine them?

Only the best, most miraculous re-hydrating beverage on the planet, is what. To say nothing of delicious.

So the next time you make mulberry juice (hey, it could happen), save a few quarts for medicinal purposes. It could just save your life. It certainly felt like it saved mine.

3 comments:

Phoo-D said...

Amen to that combination! Sparkling water and mulberry juice with a squeeze of lime also makes a terrific mocktail. Glad you are feeling better today and hope your system returns to normal soon!

Daisy said...

Let the doctor know. Maybe the two of you could patent the formula. Yes, I still think you should consult the doc.

FinnyKnits said...

I imagine that IS good. And restorative. And good for what ails ya and what not. I only wish I'd ever seen it in person because I have not.

However, I find that my tomato tonic heals quite well, too, but that requires one be sick mid-summer. Which, unfortunately, is when I happen to get sick the one time in the decade when I actually get sick.